Duration: 3 nights and 4 days
Level of difficulty: medium-low
- Accommodation at the Hotel Islazul Rex (in CP mode)
- 7:00 PM Transfer by jeep to the Interpretation Center of the Coffee Estate: Casa Dranguet.
- In this place the opening of the Coffee Route is made with the explanation of the itinerary of the same on the part of the guide.
- Welcome cocktail, made with coffee.
- The visitor will receive an explanation of the beginnings of coffee in Cuba, the first plantations, the first settlements, as well as the French influence in the culture of the east of the country, accompanied by a coffee.
- 7:30 PM Enjoy the participative show of the French Tumba: La Caridad de Oriente, Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity, at its headquarters Carnicería 263.
- 8:30 PM Transfer to Matamoros Restaurant, located in the Plaza Dolores Complex, where you will enjoy a Creole dinner, enlivened with traditional music.
Day 1. Fraternity
- 7.15 AM Departure by jeep accompanied by a specialized guide until you reach the town of Nueva Isabel where the ruins of the Fraternidad estate are located. You will be able to enjoy the rural environment, observing the nature, the coffee-growing environment according to the season and the stage of the productive process, as well as the animated way of life of the inhabitants in their routine.
- 9:30 AM Arrival at the fraternity coffee plantation. Appreciation of the various restoration and rehabilitation works that currently occur in the ruin. Exchange with archaeologists. Enjoy the landscape and the different visuals to the farm, as well as to the plateau of Santa María del Loreto. Photo shooting.
- 10:20 AM Continue the 700-meter jeep to the ruins of the Santa Paulina ranch, observing during it the batardó of the Fraternidad estate (a dam used by the French to store the water they used in the agro-industrial process).
- In Santa Paulina you can observe the use of the terraces, adapting to the conditions of the land, allowing to establish a comparison between the different construction styles of the French settlers.
- Time of photos and admiration of the landscape conformed by gallery forests, cultural vegetation and river crossings.
- 10:45 AM Continue by jeep 500 m to the Llano de San Felipe, where you start a mule or hike 1.2 km to the Ruins of the San Luis de Jacas coffee plantation, a settlement that consists of a majestic hydraulic system that rests on 28 arches of type carpanel. Time for photos and enjoy the landscape.
- 11:45 AM Continue uphill for about 1.3 km to the ruins of the San Juan coffee plantation in Scotland, where you will have unparalleled visuals of the area, as well as amazing flower boxes with low walls that recreate various geometric shapes. Time for photos and enjoy the landscape.
- 12:30 AM Start descent approximately 2.5 km to the Llano de San Felipe.
- 1:15 PM Return of 6.3 km by jeep to the town of La Lucía.
- 1:45 PM Enjoy a country lunch prepared with products from the area in the town of La Lucía, enlivened with local talent from the Cooperativa del Ramón.
- 3:00 PM Bath in the Baconao River, in the town of La Lucía. Rest and bath time (45 min).
- 3:45 PM Departure by jeep to Yerba de Guinea and continue the route for 36 km to the Entronque del Cristo on the National Highway.
- 5:15 PM Continue to the Gran Piedra Natural Protected Landscape; where 111 of the 171 ruins of French coffee plantations that make up the Archaeological Landscape of the first coffee plantations in the Southeast of Cuba are located, declared by UNESCO World Heritage in 2000 in the category of Cultural Landscape.
- 5:40 PM Ascent of 14 km by jeep through the road complex that leads to La Gran Piedra. There will be a stop at the natural viewpoint Juan Morales located at km 11.5, which has excellent visuals for lovers of landscape photography.
- 6:10 PM Arrival at the Gran Piedra Hotel. Cozy welcome in the courtyard of the hotel with the offer of fruits and natural juices.
- 6:30 PM Check in and transfer to the rooms.
- 7:00 PM Realization of the Coffee Ritual in the patio of the hotel (45 min).
- 8:30 PM Dinner in the hotel courtyard with menu and themed atmosphere.
- 9:30 PM Recreational show with artists from the area.
Day 2. Great Stone
- 7:30 AM Breakfast at Hotel Villa La Gran Piedra.
- 8:15 AM It will be promoted through a self-guided trail consisting of 454 steps to the Natural Viewpoint "Gran Piedra". This site is one of the most beautiful natural sites in the area known as "the colossus among the clouds"; which is recorded in the Guinness Record book as the rock of its largest size in the world (1225 masl) and the third largest in the world.
- The visitor will be able to enjoy a landscape with a peculiar beauty where the existing microclimate, the high degree of endemism, the varieties of ferns, orchids, mosses, the fauna that surrounds it, as well as the 360 degree visual that it offers make it a unique attraction in its kind.
- 9:15 AM Downhill will be made along the road that leads to the community.
- 9:25 AM Transfer by jeep to the Museum "La Isabelica", First Museum founded after the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, May 18, 1961 and National Monument. In this site you will be able to appreciate elements of the original set such as the manor house, the warehouse, the kitchen, the drying rooms, the tahona, among other attractions.
- 10:15 AM Visit to the ruins of the old French hacienda La Siberia, now the Garden of ornamental plants "Ave del Paraíso". It will be seen that most of the nurseries where the plants are kept the original walls and stairs of the old hacienda.
- Agrotourism activities will be carried out depending on the period in which it is visited, such as stonemason preparation, organic amendment, planting of postures, watering, pruning, cleaning of the flowerbed and care of the plants.
- 11:45 AM Return to the hotel by jeep.
- 12:00 M Check out.
- 1:00 PM Creole lunch in the restaurant of the Villa.
- 3:00 PM Transfer by jeep 120 km to the mountainous Municipality III Front crossing the towns of El Cobre, Jicotea, Dos Palmas, Pilon, Las Coloradas, La Marsellesa, Candelaria, Minas de Cambute, Arroyo Rico, Cruce de los Baños, I filé until arriving at Hotel El Saltón, where you can recreate the coffee landscape with its contrast of mountains, rivers, domestic animals, farmers and coffee plantations on both sides of the road.
- The municipality III Frente is located geographically in the west of the province of Santiago de Cuba, in the heart of the Sierra Maestra and is the largest producer of coffee on the island. Its fundamental economic activity is the agricultural one that represents 74.5% of the total production of the municipality and 6.5% of the province. Coffee, cacao, vegetables, vegetables and citrus are produced in its territory; In addition, wood and cattle are exploited.
- Approximately half a million cans of grain are stored in the coffee crops. There is also the Coffee Beneficiary Plant, the Cocoa Plant and the Coffee and Cacao Research Central Station.
- 6:45 PM Arrival at Hotel El Saltón, tourist center that is in a preserved natural environment, in its vicinity there are aromatic plantings of grain.
- Welcome Cocktail and Check in.
- 8:00 PM Creole dinner.
- 9:00 PM Enjoy the show "Guateque campesino", with artistic talent from the House of Culture of the community, linked to the Mascafé Project.
Day 3. III Front
- 7:00 AM Visit to the Finca "Las Delicias del Saltón", located 500 m from the hotel (20 min) for the enjoyment of the sunrise in the countryside.
- 7:30 AM Coffee breakfast with the farmer Juan Manuel Ruiz and his family, where the visitor will exchange experiences and experiences of the rural way of life.
- 8:30 AM Visit to coffee plantation, located 150 m from the house. You can observe, learn and participate in the different activities depending on the stage of the coffee production process such as cleaning, manual pruning, fertilization, collection.
- You can be a participant in the daily tasks of the farmer, such as feeding poultry, milking large livestock and providing cultural care for other crops such as meats and vegetables.
- 10:00 AM Bathing in the river.
- 10:45 AM Return to the hotel.
- 11:15 AM Transfer by jeep to the Mausoleum Martires de III Frente Mario Muñoz Monroy, where through a tour with a local guide, the visitor will receive all the information of the site. Photos time.
- 11:45 AM Return to the hotel and check out.
- 1:00 PM Creole lunch at Hotel Villa El Saltón.
- 2:30 PM Continue tour according to the group's program by bus.
Single Room Price: $ 452.00
Double Room Price: $ 441.00
Transportation: Jeep 4x4
Service of specialized guides
Accommodations: Hotel Rex, La Gran Piedra, Hotel El Saltón
Food: Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners
Combined activities of ecotourism, adventure, agrotourism
Cultural and recreational activities
Level of relevance as a natural resource: The area is within the Protected Area of
Managed Resources Baconao Biosphere Reserve.
- Take: fresh clothes, swimwear, sports shoes, hat or cap, camera
photographic, insect repellent, antihistamines, some energizer.